Somerset Wellness Center is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to engendering positive change in individuals over the age of 50 in Somerset County, Maryland, and surrounding areas. We offer a highly personalized approach to health care through education about healthy living, disease prevention, nutrition, fitness, and more, in an effort to help residents improve their overall well-being. As such, we offer a variety of services to meet many needs, including:
- Wellness workshops that teach participants how to better manage their own health conditions;
- Exercise classes that emphasize safe movement, strength training, and low impact aerobic activity;
- Interactive demonstrations and support groups that focus on healthier living, such as weight management, healthy cooking, and tobacco use prevention;
- Access to an educational resource center with printed materials, computers with Internet access, and televisions with health-related broadcasts; and
- Assistance in connecting with needed professionals and community resources.
- Development of an educational training facility offering classes on health, wellness, nutrition, and balanced living for all area residents, with a focus equally divided between the elderly and those with chronic health problems, as well as a special emphasis on women’s health care.
- Attracting medical service companies to provide smoking cessation counseling, blood work, mammograms, and other health and wellness services vital to our population.
The part can never be well unless the whole is well.
Plato - Ancient Greece
The scientific truth may be put quite briefly; eat moderately, having an ordinary mixed diet, and don’t worry.
Robert Hutchison - Kirkliston, Scotland
The greatest wealth is health.
Publius Vergilius Maro "Virgil" - Ancient Rome
He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.
Anonymous - Chinese Proverb
Contact and Find Somerset Wellness Center
12302 Somerset Ave.
Units C & D
Princess Anne, MD 21853
Telephone: (410) 621-0075